Monday, September 20, 2010

Movie Meme

Overlooked movies: 7-11-10
Re-Cycle (2006): A Japanese film with subtitles and rather disturbing
The Cottage (2008): A British spoof on horror movies... hilarious!
Numb (2007): Matthew Perry stars in this movie about a personality disorder and love... very cute... also very sad
Neverwas (2005): A great story, Aaron Eckhart, Ian McKellan, Brittany Murphy
Fired Up! (2009): Don't be deceived by the previews or the tagline... it's a really cute movie
Surf's Up (2007): What Happy Feet should have been

Anti-Boredom 7-18-10
Lord of the Rings (2001-03): Best series in the world..
Wall-E (2008): By far my favorite Pixar movie... how can you be bored watching him? He's so cute!
Mama Mia (2008): Great music to sing along to!

Animation 7-25-10
Wall-E (2008): Pixar's masterpiece
The Lion King (1994): My favorite classic Disney
Surf's Up (2007): I love penguins and this is the best animated penguin movie... Happy Feet sucked
Monsters Vs. Aliens (2009)
Toy Story 3 (2010): Very epic for a pixar movie
Pretty much anything Pixar ever made with the exception of The Incredibles... bleh

Quotables 8-1-10
Lord of the Rings (2001-03): I know it doesn't seem quotable but I have a knack for bringing it up in casual conversation... just today I used "We are sitting... on a field of victory" but I use pretty much everything from the trilogy
Wall-E (2008): "Whoa!"
Juno (2007): "God banana shut your freaking gob!"... and many more
Pirates of the Caribbean (2003-11): Too many to name

Actors under 50 who will be Legends 8-8-10
Will Smith (42): While there are a few unlikeable movies in his filmography (Hancock, Shark Tale) he is still very enjoyable in them. Almost every movie he has been in is a hit and I don't see how anyone could disagree with his talent. Independence Day, Men in Black (yes the 2nd one was awful), Enemy of the State, Seven Pounds, I am Legend, I Robot, Hitch... ALL amazing... I haven't seen Pursuit of Happyness, Bad Boys, Wild Wild West or Ali... but I have heard nothing but great things
Ellen Page (23): A great actress... she is in a bunch of indie or underground movies (Hard Candy, Peacock, Tracey Fragments) all of which she was great in, but she's branching out and is going to be huge very soon (Juno, Inception, Smart People, Whip It)
Johnny Depp (47): The only reason he is 3rd on my list is because I thought he was over 50! He can do anything.. shall I include every single movie he's ever made? Or do you want to just believe me

Prison 8-22-10
The Rock (1996): Duh?
The Green Mile (1999): Also Duh
Public Enemies (2009): Great movie based on true story... can't go wrong with Johnny Depp
Law-Abiding Citizen (2009): Amazing Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx
Gamer (2009): Another Gerard... great satire
Con Air (1997): Nicholas Cage... another duh
Chicago (2002): Greeeeaaat musical set in a prison

Child Stars 8-29-10
Abigail Breslin in Little Miss Sunshine (2006), Signs (2002), Zombieland (2009)
Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense (1999), Pay it Forward (2000)

Storms 9-5-10
Cast Away (2000)
Twister (1996)
Message in a Bottle (1999)

Biopics 9-12-10
A Beautiful Mind (2001)
The Pianist (2002)
The Blind Side (2009)
Blow (2001)



No comments:

Post a Comment