Ok so I'm assuming the "rules" are that 1 movie can't be under 2 different catagories... Otherwise Lord of the Rings would be Best in all of them... that's right.. all. I'm trying to just type what first comes to mind... otherwise I would be here for a really long time...
Current All-Time
BEST: Lord of the Rings
WORST: Battlefield Earth
Action
BEST: Eagle Eye & Live Free or Die Hard
WORST: Wanted
Epic Adventure
BEST: Book of Eli
WORST: Eragon
Drama (makes you think)
BEST: Inception
WORST: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Based on Comic Book
BEST: Constantine
WORST: The Hulk (the older-ish one with Eric Bana)
Based on Book
BEST: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
WORST: Twilight
Based on a Play
BEST: Mamma Mia! & Sweeney Todd
WORST: Grease 2
Based on TV
BEST: Star Trek (2009)
WORST: The X-Files: I Want to Believe
Based on Cartoon
BEST: Transformers
WORST: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Based on Video Game
BEST: Resident Evil: Afterlife
WORST: Doom
Based on Amusement Park
BEST: Pirates of the Caribbean
WORST: (I can't think of any others I've seen...)
Based on Real People
BEST: Amadeaus
WORST: Impromptu
Movie Remake
BEST: Nightmare on Elm Street & Karate Kid (if that counts as a remake) WORST: The Uninvited
Superhero Movie
BEST: The Dark Knight & Ironman & Mystery Men.. I can't choose!
WORST: Hancock & Kick-ass
Spy Movie
BEST: Killers
WORST: The Bourne Ultimatum
Romance
BEST: The American President
WORST: The Last Kiss
Fantasy
BEST: Sorcerer's Apprentice
WORST: Season of the Witch
Science Fiction
BEST: I Am Legend & Tron: Legacy
WORST: Star Wars Episode 1: Phantom Menace
Suspense
BEST: Disturbia
WORST: The Box
Mindtrip Ending
BEST: Secret Window & The Prestige (wasn't a twist but was very... "trippy") & Saw
WORST: The Mist
Courtroom Drama
BEST: ummm.... Legally Blonde?
WORST: I haven't seen any that I can remember!
Psychological Thriller
BEST: The Sixth Sense
WORST: Hide and Seek
Horror
BEST: 1408
WORST: The Grudge 3
Slasher
BEST: My Bloody Valentine (Dean!)
WORST: Friday the 13th (the new one) (Sam!) & Hostel
Ok... now slashers are hard to judge "best" and "worst"... I chose My Bloody Valentine because it was gory but not over the top and it had an actual plot and the acting was good... Friday the 13th was not necessarily a bad movie... but it was so so so so so gory that it actually made me sick... and when there wasn't blood on screen there were boobs.. same with Hostel
War Movie
BEST: Inglourious Basterds
WORST: War Inc.
Sports Movie
BEST: The Blind Side
WORST: Facing the Giants
Silly Comedy
BEST: Galaxy Quest
WORST: Napolean Dynamite
Heartfelt Dramedy
BEST: As Good as it Gets
WORST: Funny People
Romantic Comedy
BEST: Music and Lyrics
WORST: Bridget Jones' Diary
Farcical/Satirical Comedy
BEST: Office Space
WORST: Scary Movie
Western
BEST: 3:10 to Yuma (I haven't seen the new True Grit yet.. want to!)
WORST: I haven't seen any.. because I don't watch westerns unless someone tells me I should.. and so far all the ones I've watched have been good...
Documentary
BEST: March of the Penguins
WORST: An Inconvenient Truth
Foreign Film
BEST: Re-cycle & Death Note
WORST: The Orphanage
Independent
BEST: Little Miss Sunshine
WORST: Plaguers
Musical
BEST: Muppet Christmas Carol
WORST: I don't remember seeing one.. I'm sure I have..
Coming-of-Age
BEST: Karate Kid (the new one)
WORST: American Pie
Teenage Day-in-a-Life
BEST: Easy A
WORST: (I can't think of one.. this genre is too small =P)
Teenage Comedy
BEST: 10 Things I Hate about You & Fired Up!
WORST: The Hot Chick
Teenage Drama
BEST: Juno & Charlie Bartlett
WORST: Jumper
Animated Movie
BEST: Despicable Me & Wall-E
WORST: The Incredibles
Family Film
BEST: Princess Bride & Enchanted
WORST: Chronicles of Narnia
Kids Action/Adventure
BEST: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
WORST: Spy Kids 3D
YAY! Your movies made me think and go "oh yeah!" :-)
ReplyDelete